What’s a Fearghus?
Take Me to the Moon 5.34
Ashlee and Elizabeth arrived early at their cousins’ house for a party, celebrating Fearghus’ birthday.
“I’m a Fearghus!” he said gleefully. “Let’s go play Space Explorer!”
Fearghus hopped up into the top gun turret, and told Darwin Arias to man the bridge. Darwin did not look enthusiastic about his promotion to Space Captain. Wayne Simsfan looked on, to see what would happen. He preferred to watch the action from the sidelines, unless it was time to paint or draw.
“Captain Darwin! How are we going to achieve orbit if you don’t use the controls?!”
Darwin finally took up his assigned duties.
Ashlee barked orders to Wayne, who firmly stood his ground and refused to get on board. Ashlee, Eric & Rachel’s daughter, was a Whiz Kid who loved the outdoors. She was happy to play the part of ship’s lead engineer.
Marisa, Darwin’s sister, had no interest in playing space explorer, and if she did, she would not be taking orders from anyone.
After a little while, Fearghus’ mom called him in.
“We need to go welcome the new family at the end of the street, and see if they want to come to your party,” she told him. “Come along.” Having a mom who welcomed everyone was perfect for Fearghus, who was also a social butterfly.
“New directives from command,” Fearghus told the crew. “Three days leave, everyone.”
Fearghus and his mom walked past the Arias’ house, where Uncle Eric lived with Ashlee, her mom Rachel, and Rihanna and her children (Marisa and Darwin) and Rihanna’s new partner, Maren. The next house was a little retro starter at the end of the street. The new family was already outside on the sidewalk, and Zoe and Fearghus introduced themselves.
“Welcome to the street,” Zoe said. “My name is Zoe Tesla, and this is my son, Fearghus. We live at the other end, across from the playground.”
“Our house is the one with the rocket!” Fearghus added. “Do you want to come to my birthday party today?”
Susan Echoweaver looked at Fearghus. “Why not?” she said. “My name is Susan, and this is my daughter, Alyse.”
Zoe learned that Susan is a programmer for a tech company in the area.
Back at home, with the party underway, Fearghus, Alyse, and Elizabeth were enjoying the music. Alyse, who was a bit more reserved than either Fearghus or Elizabeth, still seemed to be enjoying herself.
Alyse’s dad, Bjorn Turok, showed up to the party, having been invited by Zoe, who knew a lot of people.
Ranen and Fiona enjoyed hearing his entertaining stories about various bones he has had to set as an orthopedic surgeon.
Dennis, Elizabeth’s dad, asked Felicity how NaNoWriMo had gone.
“I validated!” she said.
“I don’t know how you write 2600 words a day, and go to school,” he said. “That sounds more demanding than med school.”
After the party, Fearghus and Alyse played by the front door while their moms continued to talk. “How come parents always say they’re leaving now, and then talk for another hour?!” Alyse asked.
It had been a long, fun-filled day. A perfect birthday for a Fearghus.
- There are a lot of new children this generation. The easiest way to see how everyone is related is to look at them on the Family Tree page.
- I began to despair that Alyse and Susan would never walk by, and decided to move them in down the street.
- This update is a little disjointed because the game crashed three different times just after Fearghus aged up. The first time, Zoe and Fearghus went to meet the Echoweavers and had the party, the second time, Fearghus played at the playground, and the third time, went to meet the Echoweavers again! I believe the crashing is caused because this game, with the large 3-level lot full of stuff, 7 sims, and lots of friends and relatives, needs more than 4 GB ram. The December patch, included the 64-bit upgrade which will let me access more ram (I have 16 GB ram), and will hopefully resolve this issue.
- It turns out, the patch was extensive and included a lot of tuning to the culling system, lots of changes and additions to socialization and groups, and affected a lot of different areas of the game, so I won’t be playing the Tesla’s until the dust settles and MC Command Center, which I depend upon to have some control over culling as well as some Story Progression features, is updated after Get Together (which releases December 8th). Deaderpool’s note says she already uploaded an update with some initial changes to the mod after the December patch, but I don’t want to risk this game file by testing it yet.
- In the meantime, I’m playing the medical career in a new game just for fun and there are a few glitches I didn’t notice before the patch: one was that my sim kept getting whims to marry her husband, who she had eloped with. Perhaps she regretted not having a church wedding?! (But they have no relatives, few friends, and no money, lol!) There were also a few glitchy behaviors at the medical active career– a nurse that seemed stuck in a loop and in general, it seemed like staff was a little confused by the programming changes, whether they should tend patients or socialize, lol. I noticed a glitch related to multitasking while socializing– my sims tried to keep doing what they were doing across the kitchen from each other, and hug where they were at instead of crossing the room, resulting in bizarre levels of flexibility on their part, ha. So I’m definitely waiting to re-open the Tesla game file until some of these issues are sorted out!
- However, I am really liking the new groups and in my opinion it has a positive effect on dates too (more options to do things together by just choosing an interaction). My new sim is a social butterfly and zoomed through the first two levels of the aspiration thanks to the robust group interactions.