The Island and the Crypt

Home  /  Take Me to the Moon  /  The Island and the Crypt

The Island and the Crypt

Take Me to the Moon 6.0

Previous Chapter / Heir Poll /  Next Chapter:

When Ewan returned to the new house after work, Fearghus and Zoe had already set up the family burial urns in the crypt, buried deep in the bedrock and old castle foundations that the modern house perched upon.

At the head of the room, the place of honor was given to Maddi and Micah, the founders of the Tesla family.  Beatrice and Cassandra were to their right.

TS4_x64 2016-01-25 10-34-46-47

The fourth generation heir, Delaney Tesla, and her spouse, Alexander Goth, were honored in a niche in the middle of the room.

TS4_x64 2016-01-25 10-35-10-54

Seeing the portrait of his mom and her statue removed from the home where he’d been born, married, and his children had been born, made him mournful for his parents, for the past.

TS4_x64 2016-01-25 11-17-43-71

Meanwhile, fifteen-year-old Fearghus, the family’s newly chosen heir, was standing on the cliffs near the sea, oblivious to the bright, sunny day, and complaining to his mom about his love life.

“Why did we move to this god-forsaken place,” he ranted.  “There are absolutely no girls for miles around; how am I going to find a girlfriend now?!”

TS4_x64 2016-01-25 11-11-59-92

At that moment, Zoe realized that Fearghus had a lot more in common with his dad than she’d realized.   As a child, Fearghus was so outgoing and playful, the more pessimistic side he got from Ewan was just coming out more in adolescence.

TS4_x64 2016-01-25 11-13-02-91

They all knew it was time for the family to have their own lives.  After Delaney and Alexander had passed, it was just a matter of time before everyone went their own ways.

Elise and Ranen had kept the family home in the desert, because they still needed the massive underground lab, rocket silo, and observatory for their scientific work and Ranen’s attempts to understand the alien abductions.

Felicity, Fearghus’s sister, had moved to a seaside cottage just around the shoreline from Fearghus and her parents.

Fiona and her girlfriend, Yuki, had moved into the city, into a townhome.

And Ewan and Zoe had moved to this beautiful spot at the sea with Fearghus.

“Fearghus, it’s going to be ok,” she said as she hugged him.

TS4_x64 2016-01-25 11-13-15-53

“Mom, have you explored the island yet??  I’m going for a run,” he said, his anxieties gone for the moment.

TS4_x64 2016-01-25 11-12-45-53

Zoe went in the house to fix spaghetti for dinner.  Ewan had emerged from the crypt, dried his tears, and was solemnly plinking at the piano keys.

TS4_x64 2016-01-25 11-37-05-40

Fearghus ran in the direction of Felicity’s cottage.  It was the perfect quiet spot for an aspiring writer.

TS4_x64 2016-01-25 11-35-21-20

He ran up the hill towards the ruins.

TS4_x64 2016-01-25 11-38-21-61 TS4_x64 2016-01-25 11-38-54-11 TS4_x64 2016-01-25 11-39-21-53

He paused for breath at the dock at the other end of the island, to admire the shadows on the looming walls castle walls

TS4_x64 2016-01-25 11-40-36-15 TS4_x64 2016-01-25 11-40-56-13

And then headed home.  It didn’t feel like home yet, but Fearghus thought he could get used to this life.

TS4_x64 2016-01-25 11-43-19-13

Notes:

• Most of my simming time went to getting everyone settled in and building the new areas of Fearghus’ house, so this is a short one.
  • When I loaded the lot, Fearghus was complaining to his mom about his love life, which is a jealous trait interaction.
  • My daughter gave me a great idea to move Felicity to a cottage by the sea, instead of in the countryside, right next to Fearghus.  I love her cottage there and that they’re right next door to each other.
  • Layout of the crypt:
    • at the top, are Maddi and Micah.  Then, going around clockwise, each generation in order, with space for ten.

TS4_x64 2016-01-25 10-36-06-17

The full basement:

Crypt, home movie room, bathroom, and Ewan’s studio

The extra room is to keep the sunlight from tearing through where the pillar ruins are lying.

TS4_x64 2016-01-25 11-31-47-17

1. meowfaze says:

I think your crypt is lovely. I love the statue and pictures. I missed the deadline to vote for the heir but if I had made it, I would’ve voted for Fearghus.

You time jumped! I looked back to be sure I hadn’t missed a post. I hope we’ll get to see some of Fiona and Felicity now that they’ve moved into their own places. Feargus grew up to be quite the hunk!

• Less than a day passed… the only thing I didn’t post was Fearghus blowing out the candles. This is how badly we need preteens, because they go from being a child to late teen/young adult looking sim in one fell swoop. I agree he’s a hunk. He took after his grandma Bella a lot, and his mom some, all good genes.

I have to admit, I just couldn’t wait to get everyone settled in their own houses. I’ve played a house of 7-8 sims for longer than I can remember now and it was driving me nuts. So out with Fiona and Felicity, without a nice segue. But I will do my best to still include them regularly. Thanks for the comment!

• Echo Weaver says:

I’m a Sims 3 girl, so I’m used to not having preteens. I’d love having them, though. I want toddlers first!

Having everyone move out to their own houses, and Fiona with a girlfriend, made it seem like a big time jump, even though the moving doesn’t actually happen in game time.

You did such a wonderful job with everyone’s home.

Do you intend to swap to their households at all?

• I don’t think I’ll swap houses, but I’ll have the active household go visit Fiona and Yuki, and Felicity, probably even the old homestead, braving Elise! I’m really trying to keep this story moving and even pick up the pace a little, hopefully without making it too jarring like this in the future. Fiona and Yuki REALLY hit it off. After aging up Fearghus, I had Yuki over for her birthday, and within an hour she and Fiona were an official couple. I think they are going to be very happy and I look forward to seeing their kids, too.

So glad Fearghus won the heir poll!

Aw, poor Fearghus! Hopefully there aren’t as few girls around as he thinks. I almost called him Ewan then, so I think there are definitely some strong similarities between him and his dad (which is just fine with me, as I always loved Ewan too).

They certainly have some lovely surroundings in their new home and it’s great that Felicity is close by too!

• I did that while writing the update, called Fearghus, Ewan, and had to go back and fix it. Fearghus is the first proper male heir since Ewan and Elise were sort of co-heirs. Now Ewan is an heir, but it is in retrospect. Thanks for reading, Carla!

My oh my, Fearghus is quite a good looking young man, no?!? He’s got a great face, and I think the jealousy even fits his looks too. He was such a cute kiddo playing with the other kids, it’s sad that they are all in a new setting now. But I think it’s good for them all to get out there and live in a way that speaks to them. The cottage looks fabulous on the seaside like that, and nice that they are so close together. His jog was full of beautiful scenery pics, and it made me want to go on vacation asap! Too funny that he complained about his love life, he’s a bit young for that type of downer attitude!

• He is really striking-looking, got a lot of good genes, and got a bit of the Goth arrogance, I think, which goes with the jealousy, maybe? He’s not insufferable by any means, but just a tad.

He’s way too young for that “Complain about Love Life” interaction… it was his first day as a teen.. they just jump too fast from child to teen. But I put it in anyway, in this case, since it happened right off the bat.

Thanks for commenting, and I hope it isn’t too hard to adjust to the new lot. I go stir-crazy with one lot for so long!

Wow, this is so neat! Don’t you just love Windenburg? And I love that the family lives near! Looks like you have a new WordPress theme, too! I like it!

6. I would have voted for Fiona, she was my favorite 😀 but I liked all the kids and I am excited to see what will happen with Feraghus 🙂