Simdale Valley Post: Fall Festival is in Town!
October 10, 605
by Lillith Bright
Simdale Valley residents came out to support the school and show off their costumes on the opening night of the Fall Festival. “This is an annual event, and our biggest fundraiser,” said Laney McElveen, School Board Chairperson and Acting Principal. Moira and Miguel Jones, of Kyra’s Bakery, organized and donated the food and drinks for the event. The zombie cake was a big hit.
This year the festival had it’s first haunted house, thanks to George Endeavor and crew, who constructed it on the fair grounds. It even featured a laser light show and fog-emitters around the gravestones. “I think it will give the kids a real scare,” George said. “I wouldn’t send kids under 10 in without a parent.” George wouldn’t give away any surprises about the interior of the haunted house, but he promised there would be some jumping and screaming from visitors. If you haven’t made it down to the festival yet, there’s one more big night, so don’t miss it!
Chelsea Finnbar, the lobbyist who was instrumental in securing funding for the expansion of Simdale Valley school, made an appearance at the festival as Princess Leia. Dr. Ono and her husband, Daniel, helped the Jones with clean-up.
The better part of the last two weeks has been spent on downloading, editing, and building community lots. There are so many amazing lots on the Gallery! Up until now, I was focused on the households of Simdale Valley, getting them set up and going, and just to pull off the festival, I had to recreate the whole of Market Street, which I hadn’t even started yet. I’m very excited about the community lots and neighborhood as a whole at this point; it’s finally taking shape. Up until now I was using lots that to me, were mostly “stand-ins,” like maxis lots. But now when sims go to most areas, they look more like I imagine. There’s still a lot of work to do!
- Location & Lot list with links to downloads and standardized names for subhoods, venue counts by location
- I’m putting finishing touches on Alexis Jones’ law offices in Three Rivers district of Port Prominence. She has a new partner, who covers matrimonial law. Those will post to Tumblr soon.
- Renovate Dr. Ono’s office. Since sims can’t visit the hospital Get to Work lot, I am also adding a small clinic in Old Town for sims to visit Dr. Ono at, when they are sick or for well checks and prenatal appointments.
- Renovate Circuit One Courthouse. Also in Old Town, this building houses the courtroom and Imani Gallant’s office as State’s Attorney.
- Restaurants! Some of the restaurants are currently in the worlds as bars or cafe’s, but after June 7th I’ll be updating them
- And bunches of other build projects as I go.