Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Home  /  Take Me to the Moon  /  Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

November 20, 2016      In Take Me to the Moon 17 Comments

If anyone is still out there…

The Teslas are coming back as soon as MC Command Center is updated for City Living, because I just couldn’t resist going ahead and getting the new content.

So my question is,

If you have an opinion

On whether Fearghus, Alyse, and Grayson should stay at their home on the island off Windenburg, or move to the city? ย They aren’t wealthy enough for a penthouse but they may not need to start with the rats and roaches. (Although that would, from a gameplay point of view, be a lot of fun). ย There is rationale for them to move– Alyse is embarking on a writing career and being in the city, in the artsy district, might help with that, as well as “Good Schools” for Grayson. ย And I’m sure commuting from the city would be quicker for Fearghus ๐Ÿ˜‰

But I am also happy to wait till Grayson leaves home for him to move to the city. ย Catburgling in the city would be a plus, with more opportunity.

Any opinions?

1. Hey! I’m glad to see you back to posting here again! I have missed your legacy and stories. ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m certain MCCC is already updated for City Living because I’ve been using it, lol! So dig in!

It’s a fun game! The lot traits are pretty cool. And the apartments and city are fun to live in. I’ve got about 6 or 7 of my households moved there now. It’s not exactly difficult at all to live somewhere else and just travel to the city for a day trip, but it is neat to be in the middle of everything and see everything going on right outside your door. And for immersion, in my story at least, there’s only one other town that I imagine close enough to travel to the city for a “day trip”.

Where do you think you’ll move them? My favorite neighborhoods are the Spice Market and Arts Quarter so far.

• Thanks, Laura, for the welcome back and the info. I guess the November 7th update is working well for City Living? With the legacy I’m just really cautious. I haven’t even read a lot about the neighborhoods so it would be fun to explore in-game, but really, Fearghus Tesla, the main house, has about $200,000 so they really can’t live high on the hog in the city. The lot traits and being in the middle of a lot of things going on sound fun. I am sort of looking forward to getting back into the Sims on a small scale but just got Fallout 4 (finally) and am really enjoying it, and Skyrim, right now, as well as having quite limited time overall to game.

2. Updated Lumia Lover’s Bod-E and Smoothish, and M C Command Center, and loaded the game! 20 Culpepper, the big corner apartment in the brownstone in the Spice Market, is very appealing since I’ve always had a soft spot for Brownstones and the Spice Market is such a cool neighborhood vibe. The other apartment that looks really great for Fearghus, Alyse, and Grayson, is 121 Hakim, which is in the Arts Quarter and has a lovely corner studio for Alyse already. But they haven’t moved yet… I think if they move to the city I will miss the outdoors and they may need some day trips to the beach to visit Felicity or weekends at Granite Falls, but overall I think the city would be really fun and I could move Fiona’s family nearby as well as some of my other created sims, and EchoWeaver’s new guy, Lucas Canary (http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/post/148957561077/i-wanted-to-try-something-new-and-submit-a-sim-for) nearby. He’d love the gym but miss the river, I guess.

• Echo Weaver says:

I’m so excited that Lucas will have a home! I had so much fun making him, and then the Bachelorette challenge barely made it past introductions. That’s happened to me twice now. I guess I just have bad luck.

I really enjoy the Sims 4 CAS.

I think it might be fun to hold out just a bit and have Grayson move to the city for more — ahem — business opportunity. But really it doesn’t matter to me. Alyse taking her time for the family to focus on her career also makes sense. Either way, I’m looking forward to seeing San Myshuno through the eyes of the Teslas.

• Hi Susan! I hope the Teslas see some of Lucas- hopefully Fearghus will meet him soon and they can go to the gym together. True, having Grayson move as a young adult would have been interesting but if you’ve seen the Tumblr posts, I went ahead and moved the family. I didn’t want them to lose the vault with all the (now empty) grave markers though, so Aubree Weaver and Bjorn are housesitting the old Tesla place on the island and they may move back at some point. Thanks for commenting. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

3. chealsycat says:

I’m also glad to see you again! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Good luck with updating and City Life!
    As for moving – I would wait till Grayson leaves home for him to move to the city.
    Btw, you can add the lot traits to ANY lot in the game. So you can add them to your lot in Windenburg. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• True, Chealsycat, I could just add the studio buff (or whatever it is called) to the house in Windenburg. Being in a big city or being out in the country works for a writer– I guess I kind of picture them most in New York. But Felicity writes from her cottage by the sea. Thanks for commenting!

Welcome back! City Living is great ! I can see Fearghus and family living in the art district in the apartment next to the Jangs who are so awesome ! It’s a historic apartment . Way cool! I was just thinking of you this morning . So great you’re back !

• Thank you, Cathytea! I am leaving the Jangs there, they do seem great. I love the diverse families in the city, it is a nice addition to the game and I hope my sims start meeting them soon.

Hey Shannon, just thought to check your blog tonight, because I realised I hadn’t seen you for a while. It seems like I’ve missed a bit and InoReader hasn’t been updating me on any of your new posts. I’m going to go through your Tesla posts and figure out where I last read from so I can catch up. Nice to know you’re still around!

• Hi Carla,I don’t think you’ve missed anything! I’ve been taking a break since the end of August and just loaded up the game for the first time in months, yesterday. The last post was Elise’s obituary, which you commented on. Hope you are well!

• Carla says:

I did finally figure that out, lol! None of the titles looked familiar to me, so at first I thought I’d missed a ton but I believe I’m all caught up. ๐Ÿ™‚

I am SO happy to see you Shannon! You have been missed! I hope that it was only wonderful things keeping you away! <3 As for your question, I think moving to the city would be great, and a total blast for you to explore (and for me to live through your sims), so that’s my vote! It’s always a treat seeing your sims in the new packs, and what they get into.

• Hi Maisie, thanks! It is my younger daughter’s Senior year in high school, and between making sure we get things done we need to and spending time together, as well as work responsibilities, and spending a little more time on other things (reading, Skyrim, Fallout 4), I just am not taking time for simming. It was a nice break- I missed Sims 2 a lot and was getting tired of waiting for Sims 4 to become the game I’d hoped, so I played Sims 2 a little just for fun and posted a few screencaps on Tumblr, but that was it.

I’ve missed you too though. Thanks for the input about moving the Teslas, it is fun exploring the new stuff, and being “on location” in the city allows even more than visiting the city from the island. Hopefully a story line will start to develop or emerge soon ๐Ÿ˜‰

7. Anonymous says:

I can’t wait to see Teslas again ๐Ÿ˜€ It would be cool to see new Sims4 expansions trough their eyes for sure ๐Ÿ˜€

Any Comments?