Reference: Advice on Keeping Hood Clean and Easier to Restore
This is information I gathered from a few different places including the Sims Wiki on Mod The Sims, and tutorials on creating clean hoods and extracting sims. (Notes to self to help me remember).
1. Don’t save with sims on the phone
2. Use FFS debugger for gossip & memories regularly
3. Before using any new lot, or before moving sims into a newly renovated residential lot, upload and save to SV All Lots folders
4. Extract appearance of all sims at main life stages (& replace or rename earlier version)
5. Use clean installer
6. Periodically use hood checker
7. Back up at least every few days (& keep all backups).