Nothing But Trouble
Take Me to the Moon 5.35
Narrated by Felicity Tesla
Thanks to Fiona, I ended up getting in big trouble for the first time in my life this week. Now I’m grounded.
I can’t blame everything on Fiona; it had been a bad week to begin with. The teacher asked me (the responsible one) to watch the class while she stepped out, and my classmates gave me a really rough time about telling a kid to stop bullying while she was gone. Jerks. I won’t miss high school one bit.
That evening I went to a birthday party, which I never really enjoy much, but Jade has been a friend since kindergarten, and it was her 18th birthday, so I agreed to come. I spent most of the party by myself, watching Twilight.
Eventually, it was time for Jade to blow out her candles, so I ventured out into the main room, with everyone else.
Good thing I did, because I met a cute guy who started flirting with me. Drake Conrad.
At the end of the night we exchanged numbers. I don’t know if I’ll ever hear from him, though.
The next day was Saturday, and I went out to a cafe to write, instead of holing up in my room, as usual. I met a girl named Yuki, who also likes to write.
She introduced me to a friend of hers, Maike, who’s a published writer! It was fun having wordsprints instead of just writing by myself.
Meanwhile, Yuki played video games with Fiona at the arcade next door. Fiona’s got a crush on the blonde girl, her name is Kyla Rider.
Yuki realized she couldn’t really compete with them… sometimes it seems the only time Fiona isn’t playing video games is when she’s programming, so I wouldn’t attempt to play against her either.
Yuki came back over to the cafe, and worked on her book for a while.
Fiona likes the arcade, but I think she’s looking for something more exciting than just games.
I wish it were as easy for me to find friends, as it is for Fearghus. Of course, his newest friend, Max, is a miniature James Dean, so I hope he doesn’t end up getting Fearghus in trouble.
Alyse Weaver is over at the house, hanging out with Fearghus, all the time.
Kids can just have a special handshake and that makes them like BFFs
Fiona knew I had a bad day at school Friday, and she came into my room Saturday to see how I was doing.
Also, to show off her new outfit. Which, even if we are almost through high school now, I know my parents wouldn’t approve of me wearing an outfit like that out of the house, and I told her so, when she asked what I thought! Of course, Aunt Elise and Uncle Ranen let her get away with murder compared to what I get away with, because they’re so wrapped up in their careers.
Fiona had decided we needed to go clubbing. She had this brilliant idea to get us in to nightclubs where college kids hang out, and had already invited our cousins, Elizabeth and Ashlee, and of course, her friend Kyla, and my new friend, Yuki.
I told her, “Have fun. I’ll see you when you get home.”
She said, “Aww, c’mon, it’s going to be epic if you’re there.”
I said, “I don’t want to get in trouble.”
“We’re like, this close,” she held up her hands, “to being legal. What could go wrong?”
It was useless to argue and she’s right, even though we don’t have IDs yet, at least we’re only months away from drinking age and getting into those places. Of course, Elizabeth is much younger than us, and I definitely wouldn’t want to incur Aunt Adrianna’s wrath. But Fiona’s mind was made up and we were all going.
“Ok.” she said. “You need something to wear.” Now Fiona is my self-appointed fairy god-mother.
I fail to see what’s wrong with my regular clothes. The get-up she put me in was really not me, especially the tight pants and 80’s boots.
Although I did like my hair and make-up the way she did it.
I think I’ve found a friend even more introverted than I am. Poor Yuki was not comfortable with the big crowd.
Fiona is just as much a cut-up on the dance floor as she is in everyday life.
Our cousin, Elizabeth, was having a lot of fun. She looked like she was really interested in joining in dancing, but she was hanging back.
While we were out, Drake sent me a text. Maybe I will see him again.
Then Fiona said, “Let’s try a different club.”
So we did.
Fiona tried to flirt with Kyla by wowing her with her video game prowess
But I could tell it was an awkward moment.
To distract them, I suggested a line dance.
We were really getting into it, having a blast!
Until I looked to my left, and there was Aunt Adrianna.
And she was not happy. All except Fiona, we quickly made our selves scarce, especially Elizabeth.
“Aunt Adrianna, I didn’t know you liked electronica!”
“I’ll have a word with you outside, young lady,” Aunt Adrianna said. “And you,” she said, motioning to me.
I was so nervous I started grinning like an idiot.
But not for long, when I saw how mad Aunt Adrianna was.
“I can’t believe you brought my daughter, who is barely 14, into a nightclub!”
Then she looked at me in disgust.
“I should have known your spineless father would allow you to do whatever you want. Don’t worry. They will hear about this from me.”
Fiona snuck into the house without her mom or dad seeing her. I wasn’t so lucky.
Guess we’re grounded for a while. Probably till we turn 18.
Elizabeth Tesla is Dennis and Adrianna’s daughter, and she’s just aged up to teen. I want to adopt her into the main house, she’s so adorable! After she went clubbing in that long skirt and blue hat, I had to go into manage households and fix her hair and clothes. She’s a self-assured, good party animal.
- Of course, in the game, teen sims don’t really get grounded for going to nightclubs, or get carded. But when Adrianna showed up at the club while the girls were out, I thought that would be a fun development. Now more Teslas have experienced the wrath of Adrianna. I’d probably build a teen dance club without a bar, once the venue glitch is fixed. Right now, a generic lot can’t be a club hangout and the nightclub venue requires a bar.
- Felicity and Fiona are 3 days from their young adult birthdays. Fearghus is 5 days from his teen birthday. I’ll post Fearghus’ adult trait and the heir poll once Fearghus becomes a teen, probably within 3-4 Tesla updates, at least.
- Felicity got a wild card at school. The teacher asked her to watch the class, and the other kids didn’t appreciate it,and she came home sad.
- Fiona has the Physically Gifted trait from completing the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration as a kid, and with the club perk to increase dance skill more quickly, she got to level 5 dancing skill in one long night of clubbing.
- Felicity also maxed out Writing skill after hanging out with Maike and Yuki, who are in the Avant Garde club that came with Get Together. They read, write, and drink coffee. Felicity was at level 9 of writing, but I didn’t figure she’d make it before her birthday. The club vibe of inspired, and the increased rate of skilling, really helped.