Life Goes On, Part I

Home  /  Take Me to the Moon  /  Life Goes On, Part I

Life Goes On, Part I

Take Me to the Moon 5.15

Previous Chapter / Next Chapter:

After Zoe’s abduction and the news that Bella was missing, it seemed life would never return to normal.  But time continued on, as if nothing had happened.

Family members aged.  Some needed to reverse the effect,

TS4 2015-06-30 15-05-28-27

Ranen was days from elder, and wanted more time with Elise, so she gave him some youth potion from her rewards.

while others embraced their new independence as young adults.

TS4 2015-06-30 15-07-58-56

Eric aged to young adult. He is now a Music-Loving Foodie, and not the neatest member of the family. He joined the Culinary career.

Ranen and Elise traded sleeping spaces with Ewan and Zoe; Ewan and Zoe had no reason to be in the lab, and Delaney hardly used it anymore.

TS4 2015-06-30 15-20-25-89

So it made sense for Elise and Ranen to have a space there, although there were repairs and cleaning up to do to make it truly livable.

TS4 2015-07-01 10-21-24-06

TS4 2015-07-01 10-22-34-76

TS4 2015-07-01 10-23-42-16

“Now lab safety is more assured,” Elise said triumphantly.

And Ranen and Elise commemorated the making the lab theirs, with a selfie.

TS4 2015-07-01 10-24-56-40

Photography wasn’t enough.  Ranen wanted to build all his skills.   Creativity,

TS4 2015-06-30 15-32-48-08

and fitness were two skills he worked on right away.

TS4 2015-07-01 10-18-57-29

Ewan had a lot of gloomy thoughts these days, and decided to share them with his mom.  Ranen wondered if it had something to do with Zoe’s abduction

TS4 2015-07-01 10-28-53-85

And he found the punching bag to be a good way to let off some frustration that there was nothing he could think of to do, to help.

TS4 2015-07-01 10-31-36-24

Ranen’s aroma after working out was a little hard on Alexander’s nose.

TS4 2015-07-01 10-33-20-23

There were other birthdays as well.  Rachel Arias turned 18, and the family went across the street to attend her party.  Eric had more charm than he had as a teen.

TS4 2015-07-01 10-47-10-50

TS4 2015-07-01 11-11-22-79

Meanwhile, Elise found herself next to Etienne Pancakes,  who was quieter than usual, perhaps due to the disappearance of his parents.

TS4 2015-07-01 10-55-29-82

While Ranen and Alexander found that the hot tub is also a great place to Debate Best Captains.

TS4 2015-07-01 10-58-49-02

“Captain Picard always demonstrates the utmost compassion… and respect for ethical boundaries.”

TS4 2015-07-01 11-09-12-84

“Captain Picard had the undying loyalty of his crew… and knew what he was doing!”

TS4 2015-07-01 11-09-45-95

“Yes, but Chris Pine’s Kirk brings back the fun!”

Elise reconnected with her friend, Rachel,

TS4 2015-07-01 11-12-40-60

And then fell asleep in the hot tub.  Alexander woke her, and everyone went home.

TS4 2015-07-01 11-23-35-66

Except Eric.

TS4 2015-07-01 11-16-57-24

Gameplay Notes:

I moved Eric out after he and Rachel fell in love.  Maybe the MC Command Center will have them get together, I don’t know.  But everyone’s using up a lot of youth potion at the legacy house, waiting to be able to start the next generation, and having six sims instead of seven, gives a little breathing room!

1. raerei says:

I love how your lab looks! Here’s to hoping the disappearances stop and folks can say goodbye properly.

I love Ranen’s palette for his fashion! Pastels look great on him! And I must admit, I’m with Alex on the best captain. As a 50-something who watched TSNG when I was a 30-something, Picard has always been the captain for me! I watched the original Kirk when I was a little girl in the 1960s, and I’ll forever be angry at his sexist ways! LOL!

• 🙂 So you have some Geek trait too! I like Picard best, and my husband likes both the Kirks, but especially the new Kirk best. I never could see what was so great about the old Kirk and he was SO sexist. I like the new Spock, he’s intense. Leonard Nimoy was awesome too.

• cathytea says:

I think I do have a little bit of Geek! Love the new Spock! The new Kirk is fun. Picard and, especially Data–oh, and Geordi! And Deana. And Tasha. I love TSNG! I love its 80s-Northern CA style of politics!

Aw, I would love to see Eric and Rachel stay together! I was always too much of a control freak to go with any sort of Story Progression in TS3, so I’d be playing them to make sure things went my way, lol!

So who is the heir for this generation? I can’t remember if you said you’d decided or not. I can see Zoe and Ewan starting a family pretty quickly but I can imagine Elise and Ranen might want to wait a while.

Also, how do the disguises work, with the aliens? Is Ranen permanently purple now or can he change back at will?

• Hi Carla, so I haven’t decided on a heir and I am just hoping to pass the decision down to the next next generation 🙂 I would love to see Eric and Rachel together as well! I’ll let you know if they do get together.

Ranen can change back anytime into his disguise, I just think of him as wanting to be who he is and not wanting to try to hide it. However, he does get an embarrassed moodlet about a third of the time when he meets new sims, from being discovered. But they discover him in his disguise anyway. Thanks for the comments!

That is funny that you haven’t decided on an heir, I was wondering that too. For some reason I thought it was Elise, but then I didn’t actually recall you saying that. I do hope that Eric and Rachel end up together, I like the idea of story progression, like they really did or didn’t pick each other… but then I hate the idea of chance too.

I was wondering about Ranen and his disguise as well. I like him both ways, though I’m not like “whoa good looking” when he’s in his get-up. But running around the hood… looks good! Must be nice to get a full head of hair when in disguise, I can name a few men that would love that in real life. I can’t believe that he was about to turn elder, I mean the hair does give away some of of his age, but I still didn’t expect that!

Excited for some babies now, lets get to it Zoe and Elise!

• That’s funny about Ranen– getting a full head of hair in his disguise. As far as an heir goes, I am just as unwilling to pick one now that Ewan and Elise’s children have been born… but I still plan to do it by heir poll when they get their young adult traits.

5. moondansr says:

I enjoyed seeing the hot tub in use. Although I have them I haven’t used them much since I initially got them when they were no fun to be in. Just the memory of spending so much only to have my sims get in and get right back out has made me stop putting them in I think.

The lab area seems like a great place for Elise and Ranen to live. I think they’ll be happy there. It sort of suits their relationship somehow.

I can’t wait to meet the kids.

Also, I’m on the Kirk side of the Captain debate. I know he was terribly sexist but that’s the time more than Kirk himself. To me he’ll always be this daring adventurer with a great smile. It could be because I was so young when I watched those shows on the black and white while my grandparents watched other things on the big tv. I don’t know. When Picard came along I thought he lacked a lot in spirit. The shows in general seemed more rigid and less adventurous. It got better for me with time but my favorite will always be Kirk. I haven’t actually seen the new Kirk which is most likely some sort of geek sin.

• I think the new Kirk is really great. He is a much rounder character in my poorly informed opinion ( because I don’t have really good memories of the first Kirk from childhood.) I agree with you about Next Generation, that it lacked a little spirit compared to the first show.

I think upgrading the hot tubs helps sims want to stay in them longer, but that is really annoying that they kept getting right back out. I’ve had that happen too, but only sometimes. I was always cautious of placing hot tubs at all in Sims 2 because they advertised so strongly and I didn’t want sims constantly getting it, so I’ve been content with these for the most part.

Thanks so much for commenting!