From the Journal of Elise Tesla: Cool Science
Take Me to the Moon 5.33
When I decided to officially return to the science career, I knew I wasn’t willing to go back to that dump masquerading as a science lab. There was always a dearth of funding because the staff were too enamored with “pure science” to go out and get the money needed to really make leaps in cutting edge areas. Reservations and concerns such as worrying about what the technologies would be used for, sadly, held research back.
After researching which STEM companies were most innovative and had sites in our area, there was one at the top of my list: Bio-In. This company specializes in bio-tech, specifically stem cell research, cross-species genetics, and cellular engineering, while dabbling in related chemistry, botany, and geology and, due to the discovery of aliens like Ranen, astrophysics. Basically, there’s no area of science you may want to work in, that they don’t explore, to be able to to tie in any and all tech that can be utilized for military and commercial applications.
After having sent in my resume and CV, the interview consisted of about a dozen minutes wowing the headhunter with my vision for just a handful of serums I have in mind, based on my extensive study of mom’s Sixam plants, crystals, and my own botanical experiments so far. He sold the idea of hiring me to HR, and before the week was out, I went in to see my lab.
The lobby alone was a far cry from the dingy cramped space of my old lab.
The main lab for experiment replications, mainly completed by entry level staff and interns, was nicer than the most advanced labs at my old place.
The engineering suite made me wish I was going into that area! Very inspiring.
The company has an on-site wellness center, including a cafe,
all the standard gym equipment,
and a pool.
Astrophysics is located below engineering and the pool, but I don’t have access to that area. Note to self: get Ranen a job in the astrophysics lab.
The courtyard between the main building and my lab, has a cafe.
The sound of flowing water. Reminiscent of cash flow, pouring into my research.
My lab stands separate from the rest of the facility.
As team leader for this site’s bio-engineering, I will direct a staff of four scientists and have complete control of what is lovingly called “the greenhouse.”
My first order of business– analyze a death flower sample and determine how to replicate or exploit the key organic compounds.
One of my assistants came by to let me know what she was currently working on.
I excused her while I finished up my first round of analysis on the death flower.
Another of my staff came in and I provided a brief orientation for him.
Downstairs, we have a break room, small library,
and our own electron microscope. So we don’t have to beg, scrape, and steal time on the one in the main building.
I’m going to enjoy this.
- Elise got to level 3 in the criminal career, and without access to the chemistry lab, she couldn’t make more serums to sell illegally. But with her Renaissance Sim aspiration, she only needed to get to level 3.
- This Get to Work active career replacement lot is available on the Gallery, here. My EA Id is ShannonSimsFan and you can also find it under #sciencelab, #futuresimlab. It is custom content free. To place this lot, send one of your sims to work at the science lab. Type “bb.enablefreebuild” in the cheat window and then you will be able to place the lot from the gallery. The lot uses bb.moveobjects.
- Layout of the main, ground floor of the whole science career lot. Elise’s lab is the one in the top left, above the outdoor cafe.
- Close up of Elise’s lab, ground floor:
- Close up of Elise’s lab, basement level (the black hallway on the left leads to the astrophysics lab, it is an underground short cut):
- The main labs on the ground floor of the main building (I put them all close together to save time as you play the active career; you don’t need to cross the whole lot to get to each type of machine, or break areas):
- The wellness center pool. (the deep hole in the upper right corner is the rocket silo; the astrophysics lab is two levels down, below the pool):
- The second floor of the main labs (it is mainly open to below, with a computer lab/library, and the wellness center in the lower right corner.) The stairs in the upper left corner lead to the roof and the observatory.)
Second level of the wellness center. The astrophysics lab is accessed through the narrow stairwell just below the wellness center.