Don’t Break My Heart

Home  /  Take Me to the Moon  /  Don’t Break My Heart

Don’t Break My Heart

Take Me to the Moon 6.6

Previous Chapter / Next Chapter:

One day, not long after their date and first kiss, and a couple days before their young adult birthdays, Alyse invited Fearghus over to hang out.

Fearghus had been able to think of little else but Alyse.

“This is it,” Fearghus thought, and he showed up with high hopes of continuing where they’d left off after their first kiss, and maybe messing around.

Fearghus grabbed her by the hand and ran into the house.

TS4_x64 2016-02-27 19-56-45-66

Moments later, they were in her mom’s room at the foot of her bed, and Alyse felt her breath catch.

TS4_x64 2016-02-27 19-59-59-64

Fearghus teased her neck with his lips.

TS4_x64 2016-02-27 20-00-28-17

But suddenly, she pulled away and looked down.  For just a moment, she looked really sad.

TS4_x64 2016-02-27 20-01-52-23

Then she got a twinkle in her eye, and reached out and punched him on the arm

TS4_x64 2016-02-27 20-02-50-98

“Hey, Mr. Muscles,” she taunted, “You think you’re all irresistible now?”

TS4_x64 2016-02-27 20-03-07-49

Fearghus pushed her back, but very, very gently.  After all, he was pressing hundreds of pounds now, and he didn’t want to knock her over.

TS4_x64 2016-02-27 20-03-18-23

“Come on, let’s get out of here before mom gets home and catches us.”

TS4_x64 2016-02-27 20-03-29-86

At dinner, Fearghus wouldn’t quit making eyes at Alyse

TS4_x64 2016-02-27 20-05-16-04

Alyse’s mom looked at Fearghus, kind of looked away, and then got up and gave them some space.

TS4_x64 2016-02-27 20-05-22-37

“Mom,” Alyse said, exasperated, “come back!”

TS4_x64 2016-02-27 20-07-18-86

Fearghus realized Alyse didn’t want to be alone with him.  He suddenly felt really embarrassed.

TS4_x64 2016-02-27 20-07-41-01

“I’ve aggravated you, haven’t I?” he said.TS4_x64 2016-02-27 20-07-48-70

Fearghus excused himself, and walked away.  He was leaving when Elsa texted him and asked if he wanted to meet at the Solar Flare.

“Be there in 10” he texted back.

But when he got there, before he could even tell her about what happened, she stopped him.

TS4_x64 2016-02-27 20-16-19-52

“Fearghus, she wants you to drop this.”

TS4_x64 2016-02-27 20-16-28-71

“She loves you, but not like that.  You’re her best friend.  Don’t put her through this.”

TS4_x64 2016-02-27 20-16-32-64

“How am I supposed to do that, Elsa?  I love her.”

TS4_x64 2016-02-27 20-16-52-53

Elsa got a coffee and told Fearghus to come sit down.  But it wasn’t long before he realized he just wasn’t good company, and dragged himself home.

TS4_x64 2016-02-27 20-31-13-97

When Fearghus arrived home, his mom was dripping wet in the kitchen, just finished some laps in the pool.  His dad was raiding the fridge.

“She doesn’t love me,”  he told them.  “And now, I think I’ve broken her heart too, because she thinks we can’t be just friends anymore.”

TS4_x64 2016-02-27 20-35-28-42

“I’m so sorry,” his mom said.  Her eyes reached out to him.

TS4_x64 2016-02-27 20-34-39-16

Then she gave him a big hug.  But it didn’t make everything ok.

TS4_x64 2016-02-27 20-34-14-80

Gameplay Notes:

• I thought they had turned a corner.  Fearghus arrived at Alyse’s flirty, and wanting to mess around.  It seemed like she wanted it too, but it turned awkward, and she tried to salvage everything again, with the autonomous “Monkey Around” interaction, again.  Then at dinner, Fearghus was autonomously flirting with her, and it got awkward again.  Her mom seemed so sympathetic.  Fearghus is broken-hearted.

1. jadedgrin says:

Oh my gosh, that poor boy just can’t win! I feel so bad for them both 🙁

Aw. Poor guy! I hope he finds someone else who can reciprocate–or maybe just give her a little bit of time. Some Sims need to come at this slowly!

Oh no, poor Fearghus!!! I wondered if she didn’t like him that way, but am so sad to see that it is true. He will find someone eventually I’m sure, but it’s so hard now when it is a fresh wound. I feel bad for him, he seems to care much more about a relationship than the others in his generation, and it’s so difficult for him.

4. meowfaze says:

Poor Fearghus! I hope he finds someone. I hope they can still be friends.

Awww! What’s wrong with you, Alyse??

6. Anonymous says:

Sorry to be a pain but I was wondering why Beatrice and Brad were still shown alive on the family tree and Delaney. Sorry to be a pain I was just wondering.

7. Thanks so much for commenting, everybody! I think it’s interesting they programmed in this awkwardness of a best friend trying to make romantic advances, but it’s so painful to watch Fearghus (and Alyse’s) discomfort, I agree! And at this point I am really thinking Fearghus needs to give her some time, or maybe even consider this is just not going to work out the way he wants, with Alyse.

Anon, no need to apologize! Are you referring to the family tree you can link to on the menus at the top of the page? That’s just a family tree I made and I haven’t bothered to put death dates for everyone who has died because my sims don’t live by regular dates… I guess I could go in and mark them as deceased. Thanks for the feedback!

• Anonymous says:

Thanks for the reply. I’m also sad because on my legacy family the Hunt family I lost Elle who married into generation 2. But now I’m happy because generation 5 has began.

Aw, poor Fearghus! I felt worse for him that it had to come from Elsa. It seems like the sort of thing Alyse should have been up front with Fearghus about, if she values their friendship. :\

I wonder if Fearghus would be better off moving on, as hard as it will be. Making it work with Alyse seems like it might be a lot of work, especially now that they’ve had this awkwardness and discomfort between them. It’s a shame…I had hoped something would develop!

• Carla, that’s exactly what I was thinking at this point, too, that Fearghus was just going to need to move on. Did you see his face, though, when he’s talking to Elsa? Moving on and forgetting Alyse is easier said than done, for him. And one of my pet peeves is people not talking to people about things that matter to them, and going through go-betweens, But Alyse isn’t a playable so she hasn’t had a chance to talk to Fearghus about it. I don’t know if that’s an autonomous interaction that would be in a non-active sim’s repertoire, so I won’t hold it against her 😉

9. Anonymous says:

@Shannonsimsfan, She died of old age, widowed twice, mother of 7 , grandma of 18, and greàt grandma of three.

10. Elle was very accomplished to leave such a legacy, so many children and grandchildren, and even great grandchildren 🙂

11. Oh no! This was so sad! He’s gonna be reeling from that for a long long while. I don’t know if you play with numerical ages for this legacy, I’m wondering how old Alyse is? She seems young. Or maybe she’s just immature, lol! Like Carla, I would have hoped that she’d tell him sooner if it wasn’t going to go there, to spare their friendship. Unless maybe she genuinely wanted to try on the idea of it? Poor dude. 🙁

12. Laura, great observation– quintessentially, that shot of her at the table whining but also her ambivalence about the relationship ,.. she is acting immature. Both of them here are a few days from young adult, maybe 3 or 4 days away from their birthday, so older teens. I don’t use numerical ages for the legacy, though.

Here’s my take on what is going on with Alyse: they were best friends since childhood and sims appear to be programmed to be awkward about the transition between Just Friends and Romantic interest when they’ve had a strong friendship without any romance first. Also, and don’t know how much this is playing into it with Fearghus and Alyse, but I have had sims be tremendously unsuccessful with romantic advances towards certain sims for a while (like Barnaby, Gen 2, was rejected by his future wife Hermione so many times before she fell for him, and although Ewan got together with his high school girlfriend, Adriana, pretty quick, it was always rocky and awkward between them.) I’m glad there’s a little bit of variance, at least, because without an attraction system usually it seems like sims just easily fall for anybody.

This series of events finally won me over to Fearghus– up till now I had a secret fear he was a spoiled brat, but this really got me on his side.

Thanks for commenting, it is great to hear your impressions.

• Very true, TS4 sims are very touchy about that friends to lovers transition unless you take it VERY slowly. I am enjoying the variance. I don’t know that I can make much sense of when or how it happens, but it’s definitely there, lol! I have had some sims who are just impossible to get together, and others who hit it off right away.

13. Poor Fearghus 🙁 I hope it gets better for him 🙂 (well it has to because it’s a legacy :P)

Any Comments?