Take Me to the Moon Chapter 4.17
Although for a while it seemed like everyone would always be young at the Tesla house, Cacey’s return with full-grown triplets, had brought the passage of time to everyone’s attention. Delaney continued to explore space and especially, the alien planet, Sixam. However, she realized that in her excitement about the alien planet, she had forgotten her aspiration to explore a second career before retirement.
She explained to Alexander and Ewan that she was going to resign her position as Space Ranger, and report to the Science lab instead for work. This would give her an opportunity to expand her experimentation with ideas and flora, building on what she’d learned exploring Sixam. Her exploration of Sixam would still be funded, although she would not be receiving her very high pay as a Space Ranger.
Alexander looked a little tense about the drop in pay, but since the family had savings and Delaney was determined, everyone accepted this was what she wanted to do.
Fortunately, Delaney still had all her plants, many of which were Perfect. By tending her garden, she had a good chance of having Breakthroughs that were needed to get promoted in her new Science career.
Meanwhile, Dante and Ryleigh, who had been living on savings and Ryleigh’s vacation pay, finally opened their bakery, Roll With It.
It had been Dante’s dream to share his creations as a chef, and with Ryleigh’s business acumen, they made a great team. But Dante was nervous about opening day, and checked and re-checked the inventory.
When the first customer came through the door, everyone took a deep breath. What would the customer’s think? Would they be willing to pay nearly $500 for a piece of cheesecake?
The second customer through the door was none other than the Grim Reaper.
If there were any concerns that he may be there on official death business, his keen interest in the gourmet cakes soon made that seem unlikely.
Dante and Rianna, who were the two family members on duty, quickly greeted him and he took a seat at a table. One woman began to fuss at Dante, but with his attention on the Grim Reaper, he didn’t catch the specific nature of her complaint.
Dante returned his attention to the customer he was most concerned about pleasing.
Soon, though, he had to ring up other customers,
Leaving Grim in the able hands of Rianna, who closed the deal.
And did it with flair.
Rachel returned from high school just in time to help with much needed re-stocking.
She didn’t have the best work ethic, though. With several customers in line, Dante noticed she was taking selfies.
At the end of the day, Dante proudly hung their first Simoleon on the wall. They had cleared over $1000 in profit! Customers had raved about the value and quality of the merchandise!
Dante went downstairs to relax and wait for Ryleigh. He wasn’t sure if they were earning enough to pay the bills, but it was a better start than anticipated. And restocking took less time than he had wagered, as well, so he thought they could stay open daily instead of one day open, one day closed.
He had reorganized the sales floor after observing the way customers tended to move around the shop. The new look was a little more streamlined.
When Ryleigh came home, she was tremendously relieved at how well the first day went. Unsure about letting go of her safety net as a top level executive, she had been forced to miss the grand opening, but with the rest of the family, she had worked hard to get everything ready for it. Dante and Rayliegh celebrated.
Back at the Tesla’s, Eric was working on completing his social butterfly aspiration, watching the clouds drift by with Gianni. Eric had good friends, but he had never had a best friend. Gianni’s confident nature made him a great friend, because he never got jealous when Eric wanted to spend time with other friends.
When Eric asked Gianni to be his best friend, he was glad to accept.
With a week left in high school, Elise was killing two birds with one stone. To prepare for a career in Science, she needed to increase her logic skill; for her Renaissance Sim aspiration she needed to finish three books.
Alexander was working hard to get promoted from ESports Competitor. Level 7 of the Tech Guru Career, to Pro Gamer. Having completed his Computer Whiz Knowledge aspiration, he was now now working on the Successful Lineage Family aspiration, but this last milestone was a doozie. One of Alexander’s children has to complete an aspiration, and a child or grandchild has to reach the top of a career. Alexander was only a couple days away from his Elder birthday.
Ewan had almost completed the third milestone of the Painter Extraordinaire Creativity aspiration. This was his “Confident” painting:
He still needed another “emotional” painting. The morning before his young adult birthday, he woke up and fixed himself a cup of Steamy Ginseng tea.
As the sun rose, he sipped his tea on the lawn. Although it was still too painful and complicated to even think about inviting her over to hang out, he was finally getting some perspective on his break up with Adrianna.
That morning he created his first Flirty painting, depicting a box of chocolates.
With a wry smile, he regarded his painting. Although chocolates are desirable, choosing one is risky. And for a person like Ewan, who sees risk everywhere he looks, it is especially so.
- Ewan had enough points and got a couple of reward traits after finishing his third Painter Extraordinaire milestone. He is now a Creative Visionary, with a higher chance of creating masterpieces, as well as a Savant, who gains skills more quickly than the average sim.
- Delaney’s very last goal for the Renaissance Sim Knowledge aspiration is to reach Level 3 in 2 careers. She already reached the top of the astronaut career, and completed the Nerd Brain Knowledge aspiration. She can still travel to Sixam using the rockets, without the Space Ranger career. She has 8 days before aging to Elder, but with maxed out skills in Rocket Science, Gardening, Logic, Cooking, Fitness, and Charisma, she might be able to get promoted quickly. She has already had 5 of the 6 breakthroughs she needs for her first promotion, but after switching to the Science career, she has to wait three days before attending work.
- The next post will include Ewan’s young adult birthday, Alexander’s Elder birthday, and Delaney’s first day at the Science lab!
- There’s a big change with Get to Work retail, that seems like it is going to be easier with crafted goods businesses, than Open for Business. In Sims 4, restocking doesn’t seem to require baking fresh goods. I think as long as the original goods are still fresh, they can be restocked without making new ones. I figure that the restocked items will be of the same quality as the originals, so as sims’ skills increase, you would want to create new items, but you wouldn’t have to stay up half the night creating items to sell the next day in the store, like in Sims 2. Has anyone else verified that this is the way it works?
- The prices at Dante’s store are set to 15% mark-up, which is pretty low, but I noticed that a piece of cheesecake is nearly $500! Much value, such quality!